Tuesday, June 28, 2011

An Open Letter....

Dear ?-
I know the chances of you reading this letter are very slim, but I need to put some things out in the open.
What kind of person are you to dump a mama kitty and two baby kitties in my yard? Sweet, kind, beautiful kitties left outside for a stranger to find and abuse or hit with a car?

Lucky for you, you choose our yard. We found the kitties and put them in our garage (Chase is allergic so they can't come inside). We bought them food, a litter box, treats and a flea collar for mama. We play with them and feed them and have taken care of them for almost a week. Was finding a good home too hard for you? Maybe you should have thought about that before you didn't get your mama cat fixed. I have seen organizations that will fix a cat for less than $30.


We have searched online and called more rescue organizations than I can count trying to find a place that will take the kitties and not kill them. No one has room. All the no kill shelters are full and can't make room for three kitties. The shelter that will take them but won't promise not to kill them, has 300 kittens!! 300!! Again, why aren't people getting their cats fixed!?! We are at a loss... We have all but given up trying to find a good home for them. I don't know what to do. I wonder if this is how you felt when you abandoned your kitties. I hope so. I hope you exhausted all of your resources to find them a good home and decided that our house looked like a nice kitty home.

I know I don't have a ton of readers, but if anyone would like to adopt the the kittens or mama kitty, please email me. If you can pull some strings to get them in a no kill shelter, email me.

1 comment:

  1. That is so sad, they arrived at the right house though! I would so love to have them but can't with Tater. I hope you find a place to take them! They are too precious.

    ReplyDelete